How to "Vacation Proof" Your Diet
Want to try Fresh N Fit Cuisine? Simplified Life readers use referral code Simp10 for 10% off!
You don’t need another article that’s going to tell you the same old advice about eating healthy on vacation. “Watch your portions!” “Pack some snacks!” “Pick a cheat day!”
You’ve heard it all before.
And yet every year you go away for a fun vacation, get carried away at the buffet, and come back 3 to 5 pounds heavier than when you left.
It sure would be nice to find a diet plan that would work 365 days per year. A plan that would have you at your ideal weight, happy with your body, and not deprived of the foods that you love. Even while on vacation.
Such a plan does exist, and it’s really simple. It’s so simple that it’s not even a plan; it’s a mindset. If you want a lean, hot body 365 days a year then you must become unreasonable. Unreasonable, that is, by society’s standards.
Society today says that it is reasonable to…
- Binge eat on vacation.
- Consume large quantities of sugar on a regular basis.
- Frequent fast food restaurants.
- Exercise at a slow pace once or twice a week.
- Slack off on keeping your body properly hydrated.
- Live a sedentary life while consuming extra large portions of food.
- Eat processed and industrialized “foods”.
- Reduce your standards for health and quality of life.
- Put your goals and dreams on hold.
- Let your goals and dreams slowly die.
If you’re living a “reasonable” life by society’s standards then you are out of shape, tired and dehydrated. You go away on vacation and come home heavier and more uncomfortable.
Nothing else could result from abiding by society’s rules. If you want different results, if you want to achieve a body that’s lean, healthy, sexy and energetic, then you must become UNREASONABLE.
The UNREASONABLE FIT PERSON will…
- Eat sensibly on vacation, balancing indulgences with activity and calorie control.
- Restrict sugar for only rare and special occasions.
- Stick with simple, wholesome meals made at home (like the recipe for Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken below)
- Exercise at a high intensity 4 to 5 times per week, always pushing themselves to lift more and go harder.
- Make the conscious effort to drink water throughout the day to maintain proper hydration.
- Live an active life where food is consumed sensibly as fuel.
- Fill their diet with fresh, real, unadulterated foods.
- Refuse to peak physically or mentally; always strives to raise the bar.
- Actively pursue their goals and dreams.
- Routinely achieve their goals and dreams…and go on to set new ones.
So there you have it, the way to vacation proof your diet is to adopt the mindset of an UNREASONABLE FIT PERSON.
This mindset will carry over into your entire year, not just that week of vacation, and by the time next summer rolls around you’ll be living in a very unreasonably fit and attractive body!
Source: Rene Serrate, U First Fitness