How Men Can Wear Jeans to Work & Still Look Professional
Contributed By: Nicole Borsuk
Helping my male clients dress for work in the past was pretty easy. In formal work environments they needed suits and couple pairs of dress shoes. When they worked in businesscasual environmentsall they need to wear were dress slacks, button downs, sweaters, and a couple blazers and they were good to go.
With more and more companies having dress codes that allow them to wear jeans, my male clients are stumped. They want to look professional, but they are not sure how to pull it off. Below are some of my tips on how to wear jeans to work.
· Wear a darker wash blue jean, black jean or gray jean
· Find a wash that has no distressing, or that looks slightly worn
· Don’t wear jeans that have holes in them
· The jeans should be fitted, but should not be too tight
· Pair with a button down or a polo shirt, make sure these shirts are fitted so they don’t look sloppy
· Blazers, V-necks, or cardigans are great layering pieces
· Wear dress shoes
Nicole Borsuk is a personal stylist in Atlanta. To learn more about her and the services she provides, visit her website.